A really simple fun alternative for the family instead of a takeaway. Providing the chance of creativity, using the senses and opting for a ray of colour to your meals.
- Wholemeal pittas or wholegrain alternative.
- Tomato puree or bbq sauce
- Grated cheese. Can be low fat and different varieties.
- Steamed vegetables or fresh. Many different colours.
- Mixed chopped peppers optional
- Sliced mushrooms optional
- Pineapple up for debate
- Meat is optional such as chicken pieces or ham.
- Salad side serving.
Spread the tomato puree or optional sauce as a base. Then sprinkle on some grated cheese. Add vegetables of your choice and meat choice. You can play to make them symmetrical or funny faces. For a child I recommend 1 pitta, 2 for an adult unless adding wedges or chips to the plate. If adding extra side servings I recommend ½ a pitta for children and 1 for an adult.
Pop them in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden on top.
Add a serving of side salad.
Of which saturates 4g (with full fat cheese)
Sugars 10.1g (from fruit)
At least one of your five a day per pitta and 2 of your five a day with a side salad.